1. Last night we drove up to Park City to ride the Alpine slide and coaster with the kids. We’ve been waiting for them to meet the height requirements and Ivy finally hit the mark this year! Sometimes I get so involved in the day-to-day that I forget to be grateful for all the natural beauty right in our own backyard.
2. Speaking of backyards, we’re putting in a pool soon! I guess everyone else had the same idea, so all the contractors have been very busy locally and it probably won’t be completed until around Halloween. We’re so excited I’m sure we’ll jump in even if it’s freezing. I’ve been giving updates in stories on Instagram about my process of picking materials, but I thought it would be nice to share some of my favorite inspiration photos. I love a simple, rectangular pool surrounded by light gray stone and filled with dark water. I love the look of integrated hot tubs, but it’s not practical here given the snowy climate, so we’ll be doing the hot tub centered on the back of the pool which will also serve as a ledge for the kids to jump off of. I haven’t found any inspiration pictures of the hot tub part that I like, so I’m making it up as I go along. Currently, we’ve landed on a limestone paver and coping and a quartz finish called “hematite” for the water, and are still debating the waterline tile, but I really want it to look like a real stone.
3. I’m not sure what took me so long to discover the beauty of using a shower cap, but I’ve officially arrived. This one is as cute as a shower cap can be.
4. I guess I also wear shoulder pads now, too? Trust me, this top is cute.
5. I was on a builder podcast recently! You can listen to it HERE.
6. My new favorite tennis skirt. And the lightest top perfect for these 90+ days.
7. Many of you have been asking about my experience with getting veneers! I hesitate to talk about it…I’m not entirely sure why, but probably because even though most people are really nice there are always some haters that send me messages telling me I’ve ruined my face. The truth is, I love them! I’m so happy I did it, but I’m also glad I waited for years to make the decision. I’ve had a long history of trying to straighten my teeth (I had two teeth chip in high school and my dentist just reshaped them, but they were still crooked and uneven. I tried to pull them down and straighten things out with Invisalign three times. When that didn’t do the job, I tried braces and it still didn’t work, so I gave up. A few months ago my front tooth chipped slightly so my dentist just shortened everything up for me and my teeth kept getting filed shorter and shorter and I was self-conscious about one side of my mouth and would always try to smile in a way that hid it. I finally just realized that veneers were the right move for me, so I flew to Dr. Harris in Arizona and it has truly been the best experience!
Last week of summer for us here and I’m excited to make the most of it! xo-S