The Sunday 7 – I see Texas, I see France.
A quick catch up!
1. The last few weeks have been a wild ride of ups and downs, but mostly ups. I think this quote is fitting:
2. Where to begin? Let’s backtrack to mid-June where we survived the most intense install I have ever led. We were deep in the heart of Texas, it was a million degrees plus humidity and they were still trying to finish the house while we were there. We set up the furniture, hung over 100 pieces of wall decor, made beds, styled every shelf, etc. etc. etc. and I’m still in shock that we actually did it. I’m so proud of our team for pulling this one off and staying positive through the process! What’s in my bag on install days (plus a bunch of snacks):
2. Now let’s talk about the house. Our client is a collector and loves a funky, bohemian farmhouse look and that definitely pushed us to try new things. All sweating aside, I LOVE HOW THIS HOME CAME TOGETHER! Here’s a peek from the install. We’ll be going back in a few months to shoot it!
3. After missing my family terribly, all I wanted to do for the rest of the week was enjoy summer with them. We went to the carnival, rodeo, movies, park, bike rides, and had lots of picnics. It was exactly we all needed.
4. Syd surprised me with a trip of a lifetime for my birthday. And to think, I was so overwhelmed with work and life that I almost cancelled it (seriously). I don’t know what I was thinking and I’m sure glad I came to my senses. We spent a week in the South of France splitting our time between the Riviera and Provence. When I close my eyes I can still smell the lavender and feel the salty sea. I will be sharing a more in-depth view of our trip soon, but for now, here are a few highlights:
5. I was hungry for inspiration and left filled with more beauty than I could possibly handle. I can’t wait to channel that energy into the months ahead as we film a television series, design houses everywhere, create products, and move into our own home! One thing is for certain, I’m incorporating climbing vines and flowers as much as humanly possible.
6. But what you really care about is what I wore, right? I’m happy to say that the hat I wore constantly on the trip is back in stock!!! And so are these mesh tennies.
7. Oh, and we celebrated the 4th, my birthday (with my favorite cake that my grandma used to make me), and I believe we may have found a winner for our exterior color (more on that later this week)!
Thriving and also barely surviving. Xo-S
Good call on not cancelling the trip to France! It’s all so beautiful in that region. May I ask where the t-shirt with the flowered puff sleeves are from? Thanks!
Hi! Yes! Here it is: http://bit.ly/2YEnqxZ
Those drawstring denim cutoffs are calling my name!! However, the link takes me to some Madewell sandals. Do you mind sharing where you got the cutoffs?!?!
Sorry about that! Just updated the link! http://bit.ly/2FRoDuo
Shea, I hope you had a beautiful birthday and I’m happy for you and Syd for your trip to France, it must be wonderful over there.
I just wanted to say thank you for always sharing your style and things you like and I love your design and personal style too. ♥️
You’re so sweet! Thank you Estela!!! xoxo
Where is your beautiful floral dress from?
Shea, Happy birthday! You have worked hard and it shows in everything you share with us! What a great inspiration you are to me! Thank you!
Oh and I forgot to tell you that your sneak peak of the new install is off the hook incredible! I’m thinking a home decor magazine will want to publish that one!
You couldn’t be sweeter!
That means more than you know. Thank you so so much!
Glad you took time for YOU! The memories are what it’s all about!!!
Happy birthday and thanks for your neverending inspiration!
Thank you so much, Heather! You are too kind!
So excited about the idea of you on television! And I watched your France recap in stories on Insta and I am now obsessed with the idea of a trip there! My husband thanks Syd! Lol
Belated Happy Birthday! The quote reflects my days now. Too many things to do but so little time. But yeah don’t forget to enjoy life.