The Sunday 7 – Back to Work!
Happy Sunday! Xo-S
1. I’m not going to lie, the first week back after vacation was just like every week back from vacation. Ugh. Syd and I always joke that we can never take a break because something inevitably goes awry. That said, I have found that one of the things I actually like about getting older is we feel more confident in our ability to just figure things out.
2. In other news, we have so many good project updates to share! Our design team is killing it and I’m so proud of them – we have projects all over the country that we’ve been working on for months (and in some cases over a year) that are finally taking shape! Here’s one of the lake houses…
3. Also, Happy Memorial Day weekend! We plan to do everything summery. We took the top off our Jeep and are ready to go! Bike rides, BBQs, pool time, family time. PS. As I’m writing this, it started pouring outside, ha.
4. Don’t forget that tomorrow is the last day of our Summer sale! It’s 20% off everything site wide! This is for sure the best time to pull the trigger on the bigger pieces you’ve been eyeing.
It’s hard to narrow them down, but here are my top 10 investment pieces that have never done me wrong:
– The Eugene pendant. We’ve got a about 20 in our studio and have used them in our shop and in kitchens. They look great in every finish.
– The Maxwell bed. This bed is incredible transitional – we’ve styled it in both modern and more traditional settings and it always works!
– The Grady coffee table. I have this in my own home and it is so great! The whitewash feels light and fresh, but it also has a slightly rustic feel which I’m really drawn to. Plus, no sharp corners with my rambunctious children!
– Mountain Fog artwork. A large scale neutral piece that has a really lovely ethereal quality to it. Works on that empty wall behind your sofa, over your mantel, above a console, and with just about everything.
– The Winslow stools. Oh, how I love these in a pair. It’s no secret I love a leather accent in a room and these are a killer leather accent. They’re significantly larger than you’re average stool and the cushion on top makes them quite comfy. I like to style them in that inevitable empty space between a coffee table and fireplace, at the foot of a bed, or in an entry instead of one long bench.
– The Malcolm Adjustable Table. I love in the corner between a sofa and loveseat. They just fill the space so well! This is hands-down my favorite one.
– The Ballard Mirror. This piece is simple, but with attention to detail (just the way I like it)! The cute antique brass corners get me every time.
– La Pergola Table. A farmhouse style extension table for a great price. I love the leg detail and color of the finish.
– The Ruthie Dining Chair. To with any table. Literally.
– The Brooks Table Lamp. There’s something about the sharp angle on the shade that makes every surface it sits on about 10x cooler.
5. I finished the design boards for our home this week, so we can finalize bids on everything! I had to exercise restraint to not put vertical T&G in every room. I pinned this bathroom last week and I love that it has a cottage feel, but in a fresh way:
6. I’ve been spending my evenings perusing all the good sales out there! Here are a few things I’ve got my eye on:
7. Have a great week..there is good stuff ahead! Xo-S