The Sunday 7: All Things Summer
The Sunday 7, including our Parade Home wrap-up and all things summer!
1. We did it!
We finished installing and photographing the parade home this week. If you’re local and want to tour it, stop by #15. We will be sharing the photo tour in a couple weeks! We look calm here, but trust me – our team was a hot mess the rest of the time trying to get everything furnished and styled while the crews were finishing the home. We were hired just 10 weeks ago for this project and I almost can’t believe it all came together so well. Syd just had to show up for the picture. HA (sorry, babe).
2. Speaking of Syd, people often think he designs too.
We chuckle when we hear that because it is not the case! Syd’s role is CEO and I’m SO glad that he enjoys focusing on all of the aspects of the business that make my eyes glaze over. His tenacity and work behind the scenes isn’t photogenic enough to put on Instagram, but it’s the perfect balance to my job as creative director.
3. Enough about work, let’s talk about vacation.
In 2 weeks we are going to speak on the Dwell on Design panel in LA (the Instagram session) and then take off to Hawaii.
4. I’ll take these sunglasses with me, but they deserve a dedicated number today.
I’ve been searching for the perfect rose-colored glasses that are flattering on my face and I found them!
5. Utah and I don’t have a very good relationship from January-April, but let me tell you something…
we are the best of friends in the summer. It’s gorgeous, the weather is wonderful, and there is so much to see and do. We took the girls to Tibble Fork Reservoir this past week and had the best time. The girls’ swimsuits are from here.
6. I still can’t get over how cute our new McGee & Co. doormat looks on The Faux Martha’s doorstep:
7. Monika Hibbs did an outdoor post recently and I kinda can’t get over it.
It’s all just so beautiful! The plant scheme is exactly what I would want at my own home. Makes me excited to build our own one day soon!