1. I honestly can’t remember where this week began or ended, but somewhere in the middle we launched our presets! As someone who takes and edits photos on their phone all the time, I had a really clear idea of how I wanted these to work — they needed to save time and enhance the natural beauty in a space without feeling like a filter. I’m so proud of what we created! The collection is a set of 8 presets that comes with an instructional video and photography tips. You can find out more HERE. And oops, here is a sneak peek of our bathroom using our airy preset:
2. Y’all know I love Sunday dinner. Tonight I made homemade restaurant style salsa:
This is a crowd-pleaser at the McGee house! Easy to adjust for your heat preference, but make sure to use the fire-roasted tomatoes.
1 (14 oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies — I like to drain some, but not all of the juice
3 cloves minced garlic
3/4 cup diced white onion
1 cup cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 jalapeno (use half the pepper without seeds for mild, full pepper for medium, or full pepper with seeds for spicy)
Once you make homemade salsa, you’ll never want to go back! This is a recipe based on my “little bit of this and a little bit of that” method. Grab some Juanita’s chips and enjoy!
3. Don’t forget to check out our Mother’s Day gift guide HERE! Hoping Syd reads this and follows this perfume recommendation because I’m almost out of my bottle.
4. I love when everything turns green again and I can go clip the branches from my neighbors’ trees reaching over the fence and into our yard! ;) Trust me, it’s one of the best ways to give a magazine-worthy look to your home for free.
5. This jacket is the perfect spring weight. And since I haven’t worn pants that buttoned in a while, I can say it looks great with these leggings.
6. We planted an espalier apple tree along our fence this weekend and in my mind, I’m basically Amanda Cutter Brooks in the Cotswolds.
7. Tomorrow, join me for an IG live on Kohler’s Instagram at 11 am MST! xo-S