1. Happy Sunday! I took a break last week to fully enjoy Mother’s Day. The girls made me cute notes and we celebrated with a meal in our backyard. I highly recommend this corn on the cob recipe. PS. You’re getting a little sneak peek of the cutest tablecloth we’re launching soon! Also, I edited these images with our presets!
2. I like to make cleaning a little more enjoyable in any way I can - blast music, listen to a podcast and make everything smell really good. I did not understand the hype around this laundry detergent until I tried it. All-natural ingredients and the smell is divine (I buy it in this huge container I love it so much). The thing I swear by though is the stain solution. And here’s a little peek at our laundry room!
3. Eat too much salt the night before a big zoom call and need to get rid of your double chin? Don’t worry, this weird contraption has you covered. It looks ridiculous, but it works. I’ve used it on more than one occasion to get ready for our videos.
4. Speaking of our videos, we launched our master bathroom and closet tour this week! You can watch the video here and see photos here.
5. I did a few stories on Saturday chronicling our fence stain. We had a cedar fence installed when we moved in last October and then life got crazy and we never got around to having it stained. We finally did and I love it. We used one coat of this stain and a clear coat. It enhanced the natural wood and evened out the variation. I received A LOT of questions about my t-shirt, sunglasses and lipstick that day (color is Bare). I also know you guys are dying for a proper backyard tour and I hear you! We’ve been working on the backyard a lot lately and plan to shoot it in the next few weeks.
6. A follower messaged us recently and reminded us of a post I shared a few years ago. It was a hand-written note Syd left on my nightstand one day during a particularly challenging time early in our business. It meant a lot to me then and a lot to me now. I keep every note.
7. Happy Week! Xo-S