1. When Syd and I started our business almost 6 years ago, we wrote down a list of dreams and set out to establish who we are and what we do. We wanted to Make Life Beautiful by creating, inspiring, and teaching how to make our surroundings look and live well.
2. While we had very different plans to celebrate this milestone moment, you’re going to start seeing our new multi-year partnership with Target “Threshold – designed with Studio McGee” – available beginning April 4! When we started this collaboration the world looked a lot different, but our hope remains the same – that this collection would bring a little bit of joy and a touch of beauty to your homes through elevated pieces at an incredible value. To learn more, check out the link in our story.
3. I’m so happy to share this dream with you all!
4. Anyone else finding themselves masking a lot these days? I’m hooked. I love to keep these under eye patches in my refrigerator and put them on while making the kids breakfast in the morning (they think it’s hilarious).
5. In case you missed it, we shared our kitchen webisode this week!
6. And the photo tour! Although I had a pretty clear idea of the overall style and functionality I wanted in our kitchen, getting the details nailed down was a different story. The drawings were complete and the cabinets were fabricated, but when I saw our raw oak island I knew I needed to pivot from doing a light wood to a dark stain. As a planner, I have had to cultivate an appreciation for listening to my instincts.
Flexibility through the process allows the design to evolve organically and the result is often much more exciting when we do so.
7. From work meetings to friends and family, I’ve been trying to do as many video calls as possible. It feels so good to connect with a friendly face and it instantly lifts my spirits. Instead of messaging this week, let’s FaceTime, Zoom Conference or Marco Polo! If you’re not already doing this, I would highly recommend it!