The Sunday 7: Top 10 Home and Fashion Picks
My weekly Sunday 7 post...a little bit of this and a little bit of that. xo-S
1. Hi! I'm back! I'm one of those weird people that looks forward to getting into my routine after vacation. We went to Oahu and traveled to different parts of the island for a few days and then stayed at the Disney resort for the kids to live out all of their wildest dreams. We stayed off our phones (for the most part) and didn't talk about work (also for the most part). It was magical!
2. 2 days after we got home I took a day trip to Atlanta with one of our designers for a presentation. Our client lives there, but is building a big lake house in Minnesota. I'm not usually the one that goes out for these long distance presentations, but this one worked out that way so we could sit on the plane for 3 hours there and back prepping for another presentation! We are working with a super talented architecture firm on the project and will be going for a more minimal style than we have ever done before...I'm really excited about it! Here is a pic that gives a hint of the vibe:
3. I know everyone and their mom is talking about the Nordstrom sale, but here are my top 10 picks! Hurry because everything is selling like hotcakes.
4. And in the spirit of "top 10s", here are my top 10 favorite home decor accessories under $100 at McGee & Co. right now:
5. I posted this photo from Mrs. Measom on Instagram earlier this week and was BLOWN AWAY with how many likes and comments it received. Are we all just craving something other than white houses these days?!
6. Speaking of houses, Syd and I have sacrificed a lot over the last 3 years to build our business and one of the big ones is that we have been renting to focus both time and money on Studio McGee. Considering our line of work, it has been a challenge to not have the freedom to do whatever we want in our own home. However, I think that maybe, just maybe, our time might be coming. I use the phrase 'our time' loosely because it could be another year, but we're getting warmer. In the meantime, instead of building ourselves a house...we're building a teeny one for our girls! We're basically recreating this one with a few little modifications, but not many because because it's really freaking cute:
7. Along with what I said above, entrepreneurship is an exercise in hard work, thick skin, and patience. Our business creates beauty everyday, but work is work! And sometimes it's not pretty. One day I'm on cloud 9 because we have just wrapped up a killer project and the next day we're in the trenches. So for all you entrepreneurs and those who have dreams of becoming one, one of my favorite quotes is for you:
Here's to happening to things this week! Xo-S