It's no secret that we love shiplap! We've used it in bedrooms, bathrooms, office spaces, and more. We get asked a lot of questions about how to get the look and if you've been a follower of Studio McGee, you'd know that we are not DIYers. That's why we were so excited when Metrie came out with their Complete Pre-Painted Shiplap — they made it easy to install and get the look in your own home! Our "client" on this project happens to be a member of the Studio McGee team! See how they installed a shiplap wall in their little boy's room!
How to get the look
1. Visit Metrie.com/CompleteShiplap for more information and to find a Metrie dealer in your area.
2. Measure your room and use the instructions they give you to know how much shiplap to order.
3. Gather tools. You'll need:
- A Stud Finder
- Utility Knife
- Crow bar or a chisel and hammer or equivalent tool
- Nail Gun
- Mitre Saw
- Caulk Gun
4. Follow the steps and from Metrie. The thing we loved most about this product is the fact you didn't have to paint after it was done! Also, they offer a Metrie Complete Finish Kit to finish the look and create a flawless finish!
GET THE LOOK: ADVENTUROUS + COZY KID'S ROOM