This week's Sunday 7 is all over the map. I'm talking about a few projects wrapping up, a workshop class I taught recently, my favorite winter lipsticks, and one of the biggest lessons I've learned from our business.
1. I just woke up from a rare Sunday nap - the kind of nap where you wake up and have no idea what time of day it is or where you are. I think I needed that. We have had a whirlwind of a week with lots of ups and downs. We've been running Studio McGee for 3 years now. Although that isn't exactly a long time, it's long enough to have learned one very important lesson:
When one door closes, another one opens.
I will be able to tell you exactly what I'm referring to very soon!!! Without giving too much away, I'm going to share this image that I've had saved on my Shops and Design Studios board (even though it's actually a restaurant) for years:
2. Last night I had the pleasure of teaching a table scape class and hosting a pop-up at Gathre with my friend Ashley from Tinge Floral. Our crafts are different, but we both have a fascination with layer, texture, and subtle color palettes. Last night was so fun that I've decided that we need to start hosting more workshops!
Photos by Hunter K. Fowler
3. I wore my favorite Holiday lipstick for the event! Here are the lipsticks in my main rotation right now: Russian Red. Sakura. Fan fare. Brave.
4. Raise your hand if you change into leggings as soon as you get home from work (or doing anything)! I just got these and love them!
5. Earlier this week we installed a webisode project we've been working on for awhile! The closet might be my favorite part?! Can't wait to share the professional photos soon, but in the meantime...
6. I'm crushing so hard on this corner of Julie Blanner's kitchen. The winter-y branch over the hood? Genius! Also, I will have a white LaCanche range one day!
7. I'm heading to California for a day trip this week to style and photograph a really beautiful project! I will leave again on Sunday night to style a project with Food Network that I'm dying to share!
Thanks for following along. Your kind and thoughtful comments and messages mean more than you know. Xx-S
You are one very talented lady! I am sure 2018 will be an amazing year!
You’re sweet! Thank you Lucy! Xo
Even your hints are incredibly exciting. You and your husband are really building something incredible. It’s exciting to hear about the opportunities you’re uncovering. You two are a real life case study on how to build a brand. This is all good stuff.P.s. Can’t wait for my catalogue!
Aw, thanks Jodi! We appreciate your support!! We can’t wait for you to receive the catalogue 🙂
Just love all of your wonderful inspiration. We are building a new house and I’ve learned so much from you. Excited to get in there and "McGee" it up!!! Thank you for sharing your time with your followers
Best compliment ever! Thank you Kristyn!! Good luck with your home, and thanks for the support!
I have been a follower for a while but first time commenter. I love your simple style. You bring elegance back to home decor instead of the endless bits of odds and ends purchased from everywhere covering every square inch of a wall or a vignette or the dining table. So much of what I see looks to be styled for a product advertisement that took hours to place the 20 random items in a gallery wall. I love how your spaces are so beautiful and thoughtful that you almost don’t know it took great skill and a eye for putting it together. Your style is like a French woman-she always looks put together and lovely but never like she spent several hours doing it.
Andrea, you are so kind and thoughtful! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment. I am so grateful for your support! Xoxo
I’ve been swooning over that closet all week and wondering how many walls I’d have to knock down to have one of my own.Thank you so much for including my kitchen, you’re too kind! Best wishes on your upcoming projects – can’t wait to see what you do.
Thank you Julie! Can’t wait to show you the whole project! Xo
You’re opening a store?!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️
Can you please tell me the source of the carpet?Love!!!
Loved all of all your pictures. Where is the cute print top you have on in one of the pictures?
I just started following you guys and I’m obsessed! Your work is SO amazing and makes me want to re-build our current house lol. Please tell me when you upload the professional pictures of the webisode project, you will also share with us the name of that ahhhhhhmazing color of green!!
We definitely will! Thanks so much for the follow Lindsay, we’re so excited to have you following along! Xoxo
Love love love everything you guys do and the inspiration I constantly get from you for my own decorating.
Just curious–has the catalog been mailed out? I signed up to receive one, but haven’t received anything in the mail.
Thank you so much Megan! They should mail out this week, stay tuned!
It’s a storefront! I know it! ? Thanks for sharing your world, Shea!♥️
Thanks for reading, Khrystina!!!
Love the Sunday 7, love everything y’all are doing, love that you are sharing your talents with us. Thank you! The day I open my mailbox and that catalogue is in there… best mail day EVER!
You’re so sweet, can’t wait for you to to get it! Xoxo
Thanks Shea! I love your style and your website, but I REALLY look forward to your Sunday 7! I just ordered the Nike jacket and shoes! Thanks for the recs!
What a compliment!! Thank you Jen!!
I’ve just started to follow you and love your simple uncluttered style – thank you for the inspiration- we don’t need lots of stuff when you have some good quality items they really stand out. Wish you all the best with your new store X Susanna
What a sweet comment, thank you Susanna! We are so appreciative of your support! Xo
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.